Sunday, April 1, 2018

My Collections: Cat-Related Postcards

Hope you had a great Easter. Although Easter is obviously bunny-dominated holiday, I associate it with any cute and fluffy animal. Therefore, I am using this as an excuse to launch a new segment on this here blog where I share some of my favorite collections. I am a borderline hoarder, so there will be a lot to share. I'm starting with my collection of cat-related postcards:
Top Left - Topaz by Kira Imai, purchased at Epcot, Top Right - Unknown Artist, purchased at a thrift store, Bottom - by Severine Pineaux, gift from France

I have always been absolutely infatuated with cats. It amazes me how they can be so graceful and so apathetic. I naturally gravitate towards cat-related clothing, artwork, etc. It's no wonder that most of my postcard collection consists of cat-related imagery.
Top - Design by Roger la Borde. Bottom - Found Image, purchased in SF

Top Left - "Au pays de merveilles" by Lucie Brunelliere, purchased in France. Top Right - "Gabrielle Arnault" by Louis-Leopold Boilly, purchased in France. Bottom - by Severine Pineaux, purchased in France.

I love postcards -- my collection is quite vast as I've been gathering them since I was little. It's a way of collecting my favorite pieces of art without having to pay the price of a poster (or having to make space for a poster). There's something ephemeral about postcards-- they seem so impermanent even compared with a greeting card. I'm drawn to short-lasting things with little commitment.

Both by Severine Pineaux, both purchased in France

Top - "Chaperlipopette" by Amandine Piu, purchased in France. Bottom Left - Found Image, purchased in SF.
Bottom Right - From Hello Blythe by Gina Garan, purchased in SF

Some of these feature cats more obviously than others, but in the interest of full disclosure, I included all of them. In any event, there it is. All cat-related postcards I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment