Sunday, May 13, 2018

Polaroids


I am by no means a photographer, and I would never insinuate that the photos I have taken are in any way, by any conventions, good. But freshmen year I bought a pink, vintage Polaroid Cool Cam 600 and there was something intensely gratifying about having an immediate print of a shot you just took. Obviously, the lines between preservation and the present are blurred in the age of iPhone photography, but with a Polaroid you have tangible evidence of this intersection. You can be holding a moment, an event, as it is happening. I think that's such a strange and addictive feeling.

Here is a selection of Polaroids that I have taken and that have been taken of me over the years. Even though most of these are recent, like I said the medium lends a sort of instant nostalgia to the work.





No comments:

Post a Comment