Tuesday, July 10, 2018

An Interview with Priscila (@filmdaughter)






Priscila Hernandez (known as @fiilmdaughter on Instagram) is the ultimate cool older sister figure. Her sense of style is the epitome of casual chic with a 70s slant. Her general attitude is sophisticated without being detached. Her sun drenched Instagram feed is a testament not only to her photography skills but also her impeccable taste and creative eye. Her high school short films show immense promise for her as a creator. And not one to shy away from difficult topics, her well thought out commentary and advice via tweets and Instagram posts are rarities in a sea of uninformed, negative social media rants. She's so kind, humble despite quite a substantial following, and an absolute pleasure to talk to.


What work are you most proud of?

It has been awhile since I've filmed anything mostly because of my current schedule with work and school, but I am incredibly proud of my film work. I have so much fun editing and creating different color schemes!



Who do you think is the most creative person alive?

This is definitely a difficult question to answer! We're lucky enough to live in a time where there are so many creatives making work in the public eye. I'd have to say Wes Andeson. His style is definitely unique to him, and his art spreads across so many genres. He tries his hand at everything and tries plots that have the risk of being "boring" to the common viewer and turns them into beautiful films. He has a wonderful gift.

What are your most prized possessions?

It would definitely have to be my camera and all the photos I have of friends and family. I have so many places I store photos and visual memories are things I cherish so much.

Creatively, what are you most afraid of?

I think what I'm most afraid of creatively is never "peaking." It definitely feels like a shared fear with others and that helps me feel less alone, but it also makes me feel like if so many people believe they won't, then there's a greater chance I won't. I definitely want to try my hand at different things creatively and hopefully learn from them if I fail. Growing and remaining ambitious is just as important as peaking!

What is your favorite film?

Hands down, The Graduate. It's a 60s film that definitely still fits modern themes. The plot, the various color schemes, the acting, the little jokes and the ultimate lesson learned from the movie is absolutely spectacular.

What film has the best clothes in your opinion?

This is another hard question! I love looking at films to draw inspiration for outfits in my everyday life. I think the best clothes also have to do with the era at the time. Overall, I'd say the late 80s and mid-90s films, such as Jawbreaker, The Craft, Heathers, etc, contain the best wardrobes!

What skill are you most proud of learning?

You're gonna laugh, but public speaking. I've had anxiety for a very long time, and in contrast to my online appearance, I am a very introverted and shy person. I was never really able to speak in front of a group without constantly stuttering and I think forcing myself to do so often definitely helped me a lot.

What do you do when you feel stressed/overwhelmed?

The first thing I do when I'm stressed is put in my headphones and listen to some music. Then, I do a face mask or treatment of some sort and organize ideas in my planner or on pinterest. Feeling like I have things together makes things feel a lot more manageable.

Lastly, how do you hope you'll change in the future?

I hope I'll grow in the future by being a more assertive person and having a stronger ability to help and inspire others. I have a strong feeling, sort of an urge or call to action, to gain a platform and use that platform to not only inspire others but assist them. I want other people to know they aren't alone and that things are possible even if your background isn't perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment